Row, row, row your boat, gently down the stream...
Monkey Butt, Cutting the cheese and now… EIUL!
Are you cozy with your fellow box mates yet? Box mates, you know, kind of like soul mates, only better.
Lots of us have had little side conversations about this issue over the last year, but hey, let’s get it out in the open! EUIL, otherwise known as Exercise Induced Urinary Leakage!
It happens. Here’s when you need to watch out for those golden showers…
-Double Unders, or even Single Unders
-High volume box jumps
-Heavy Split Jerks
Do You Pee During Workouts? 2013 Regionals
Guys, you could stop reading here if you want, but it’s good to be informed about the issues your female box mates are facing on a daily basis, so I suggest you keep reading.
What the heck can be done?!
1. Keep track of your EIUL in your 7VCF Success Journal by noting the days that it happens. Maybe you will find a pattern according to the day of the month or other things happening in your life
2. Take advantage of the “wait, I gotta pee!” break pre-wod. Our coaches understand. And now, so will all your soul mates, I mean, box mates.
3. Do your kegels. (Though this is up for debate on whether or not these actually help).
4. Accept that its part of the deal of being really frickin fit and awesome at life. Hey, I’ll sacrifice dry shorts for that six pack that I keep checking in on (except for tonight because I may have just eaten half a jar of peanut butter, yea I know it’s not paleo, I’m only human, dammit!).
5. Talk about it! If it’s happening to you, chances are, someone else is going through it too!
Hmm, well with all that in mind, here’s the stuff…
10 Minute EMOM
20 Double Unders
ME Front Squats (155/115)
*Score= total front squats completed in the 10 minutes.
Posted on Tue, September 30, 2014
by D. Soprano