6 March 2015
15.2 is 14.2
For those of you participating in the OPEN...
Please check games.crossfit.com to find the movement standard requirements for your division (scaled or rx) before you come tomorrow.
And here's my $.02, because I'm sure there are lots of questions and because I did this one last year when it was 14.2 and my WOD was in fact, over, in 3 minutes.
1. If you can do the 65/95 overhead squat, but not C2B pullups, do the RX without hesitation. Be proud of the weight you can move. Especially if you also are not at the point yet where you can do the chin over bar pullups, what's the reason not to do RX?
2. If you're not able to do the RX OHS weight, do the scaled.
3. If you're discouraged by the news of your WOD potentially being over in 3 minutes, well, that's the way its going to go for this one and there's no changing it. So, no, there's no bands for pullups. You signed up for this so you could get a good test of your fitness. Own your weaknesses like you own your strengths. Make those the best OHS you've ever done and try like hell to get your first C2B or your first chin over bar pullup. Sometimes the wods are not in our favor. Sometimes in CrossFit, like in life, we are humbled.
4. Be proud of what you can do and what you do on a daily basis. This is one WOD. This one WOD does not define your fitness or your abilities. Do the best you can to represent yourself, your team and your box.
5. Watch my man Carl's video for some great tips!
14.2 Efficiency Tips!
Workout of the Day (AM classes only)
Skill: Overhead Squat: position and balance
3 Rounds for time
10 Overhead Squat
10 Chest To Bar Pullups (scaled will be chin over)
Posted on Thu, March 5, 2015
by D. Soprano