27 July 2015
So much wonderfulness happened this past weekend and will be happening this week!
Read HERE for an UPDATE!
1. 7VCF had their 2nd Beach WOD of the summer on Saturday! These events are fun because they get us outside the box and they also get us to work with other athletes we've only known by name on the whiteboard. The infamous F.C. on the whiteboard finally got a face for many and also some of our newer members were introduced to a lot of the experienced gang!
2. The CrossFit Games happened! Wait, what? Yea! Well Dave Castro has shown us that it's not just great to be fit INSIDE the gym, the real test is to see what you can do with your fitness in real life applications OUTSIDE the gym. I won't say much here, I'm sure there will be lots of chatter before/after classes about these events this week! Who wants to build us a peg board wall?
3. Two of our long-time members, Michelle and Steve Stowell competed in a charity 5K in Moravia. Michelle took 1st in her age group and Steve reached his goal of running the whole time with NO walking! Be sure to give them an extra high 5!
4. In other news, there's a rumor that a certain Steven K. and Danielle P. may be back to visit this week! Hooray!
5. In other, other, not so fun for us news, Maggie's last day will be today at 6:30pm! Maggie has been with us since December and has charmed the hell out of the 6:30pm class with her witty comments, silly stories and of course her motivation to push herself and others into greatness. We'll miss you Maggie but good luck in your new job AND your new CrossFit gym!
If you have exciting news to share that I've missed on here, share below in the comments.
See you on the leaderboard!
Workout of the Day
150 M. KB Suitcase Carry (53/35)- (single arm farmer carry)
30 KB Swing (53/35)
Posted on Sun, July 26, 2015
by Dana Soprano