24 August 2015
DOG DAYS OF SUMMER, WEEK 3 IS IN THE BOOKS!
Monday starts Week 4 with a 1RM Clean. ANYONE that is a current 7VCF member is encouraged to do this one. Take on an extra challenge, get a taste of competition with a judge by your side, and have some extra fun this summer! You also may just set a new PR like Coach Steph in our demo video!
Here are the rules that will be on your judge's score sheet when you do this.
1. Warm up to your starting weight before your 10 minutes starts.
2. When you're ready to begin, let your judge know, and you will need to "weigh-in" using the digital scale at the box. Your current weight, which includes all apparel and shoes you'll wear to lift in, will be recorded on the score sheet. Your score will be based on percentage of bodyweight.
3. You will have 10 minutes to find a 1 rep max clean. Your judge will give you a 3-2-1-lift and start the timer.
4. You must declare each weight you're attempting to your judge before lifting. Your judge will check the bar to see if that is correct. If a lift is done without the declaration of weight to judge, it will be a no-rep. This is to ensure your judge is paying attention and that you have loaded the bar properly.
5. All attempts must be taken from the floor and finished with hips and knees fully extended and elbows in front of the bar. Failure to stand all the way up to full extension will be a no-rep. Hang cleans will be a no-rep.
6. Both squat or power cleans are allowed. But I suggest you try and get yourself under the bar into a squat. ;-)
7. Your judge will submit your score sheet and coaches will do the math.
And how lovely is this...
24 August 2015
Skill: Squat Clean- Build to a Max-
400 M. Run
12 Clean and Jerk (ground to overhead) (95/135)
10 Minute TIMECAP
Posted on Sun, August 23, 2015
by Dana Soprano