But, I’m sooo hungry!
Not! And I’m not because I spent Sunday (to be honest, it was my Saturday night life, sshhh) prepping food for the week. So, in order to avoid having all those awfully sugary treats during the week when I’m craving calories, I’ve got to make sure I have enough healthy food readily available at my fingertips. When I get home from the box I have ZERO motivation to make a huge meal, so healthy food prep is an extremely important part of my weekend.
Here are my top 5 tips for Sunday Food Prep. Maybe you’ll find one or two you like.
1. Eggs- I usually hard boil 6-8 at a time. These are so easy to just grab for breakfast or toss on top of a salad for some healthy protein.
2. Chicken- I like to buy one of the mega packages of boneless chicken breasts. Grill or stir fry it all on Sunday and put in containers for another source of lean protein through the week.
3. Sweet Potatoes- I usually BAKE 4-7 of these at once and discipline myself to only eat one a day and only on the days that I do a WOD. They are a mega-post-wod treat and they still taste great reheated.
4. Vegetables are a must. I get a bunch of easy to snack on veggies like carrots, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers and green beans. Chop ‘em up and put them in containers or baggies for a quick grab and go snack.
5. Nuts- These are great sources of the healthy fats that your brain needs to function. I generally get a bunch of nuts from the bulk section in Tops and mix ‘em up. I have to portion these out ahead of time though otherwise I will eat the entire bag at once.
If you’re feeling like you just don’t have enough healthy options during the day, then try taking an hour or two out of your Sunday (or if you’re really popular like I am, spend your Saturday night doing itJ) to make sure you’ve got some good stuff ready. It’s easy and so worth it.
Now, I want to hear YOUR food prep tips! Leave a quick message in the comments section about your go-to food or thing to do so you know you’ll have food in the fridge after that awful WOD!
SPEAKING OF AWFUL WODS….
This one is not.
10 September 2014
Strength/Skills: Squat Complex
10 Minute AMRAP
4 Ring Dips
8 Ring Dips
12 Ring Dips
Posted on Tue, September 9, 2014
by D. Soprano