10 November 2014
8 Sneaky Places the Devil Resides…
So, if you didn’t know by now, sugar is the devil. I’ll give you a few reasons why and if you want to know more, google search some research based articles and you’ll get lost in the amount of data supporting my thesis statement above.
1. Sugar provides calories, but ZERO nutrition. It doesn’t contain any of the essential macronutrients or micronutrients your body needs to function, build and repair.
2. Sugar effects the brain in similar ways that addictive drugs do! So, if you think you might be addicted to sugar, I think you might be right!
3. Sugary foods leave you feeling un-satiated, but hungry for more sugar. This is one of the leading causes of obesity and all the preventable diseases that 60% of Americans are now taking prescription drugs to treat!
You might say to me, “Hey Dana, we don’t all have a sweet tooth like you, I can avoid candy no problem.” Yes, that may be true. But, did you know that sugar is included in many everyday items that are NOT candy? Here’s a small list.
1. Salad Dressings- why you gotta put sugar on my salad?!
2. Ketchup- I just can’t find a brand in the stores that has none…
3. Yogurt- really? Can’t I eat my chow-bani without evaporated cane syrup lining my gut?
4. Peanut Butter- yea, so that means put the spoon down…now.
5. Fish Sticks- does anyone ever eat these anymore anyway?
6. BBQ sauce- When I’m looking for BBQ chicken I’m definitely not craving sugar, so why?
7. Spaghetti Sauce- that’s why I was so addicted to pasta dinners as a kid…
8. Packaged granola bars and fruit/nut bars. Just because it’s organic or all natural doesn’t mean it’s not fooling your brain into thinking it’s on crack!
So, what’s the solution to avoiding the devil in your everyday food choices? Simple. Look at the ingredients AND the sugar content of your food, if it comes in a package. If it doesn’t come in a package, it’s probably fine. There are options for most of these foods that are void of sugar or any sugar substitutes.
Here’s your homework for TODAY. Look in your fridge/pantry. Find something unlikely where the devil resides and comment below with what it is.
10 November 2014
Cash In: 40 Wall Balls (20/14)
20 KB Swings (70/53)
20 Jumping Lunges
Cash Out: 40 Wall Balls (20/14)
*Tomorrow the 11th we will be having an additional 9am class instead of open gym. If you plan on coming please remember to reserve your spot!*
Posted on Sun, November 9, 2014
by D. Soprano